As a business owner, who is selling products online, if you are not using the WooCommerce plugin in your WordPress, you are missing out big time. WooCommerce makes it easier for you to create and maintain an online store while providing a reasonable amount of flexibility.
WooCommerce has more than 27 million downloads; the plugin is an integral part of nearly 99% of WordPress stores. It is primarily because not only does it have a user-friendly interface, but it also provides exceptional SEO for eCommerce websites.
Since the WooCommerce plugin is fully compatible with the functions of WordPress, small businesses and new online store owners find it easier to manage their products on the site, payment & checkout options, as well as work the shopping cart.
Why Choose WooCommerce For Your Online Store?
Many business owners who have their online stores on WordPress have chosen WooCommerce for various reasons. When you are using WooCommerce, the first thing you will notice is that it is free to use. WooCommerce also has a rich set of features, providing a modular system that expands the functionality regarding how products are handled, shipping, payments, and more.
Top WooCommerce Maintenance Tips to Maximize Store Revenue
If you are new to woo commerce or WordPress as a whole, this blog will help you understand how maintaining the WooCommerce properly can help you maximize your online store’s revenue:
- Staying up-to-date: If you want to stay ahead of the curve in a saturated market, you must update your software and applications. Apart from enjoying the latest features, when you update your software and applications regularly, you can be sure of receiving the latest safety measures whenever you update them. It reduces your store’s risk of exposure to cyber-attacks, which is extremely crucial when running a business, as your database will be filled with sensitive customer information like their address and bank details.
- Security Scans: Running security scans at regular intervals keeps your system free of malware or any kind of cyber-attacks. It is important to run security checks and identify potential malware attacks before they happen because, depending on how the malware is designed, it can start with stealing important information from your website to completely disrupt its operation. As a business owner, you cannot afford to lose even a single day for your WooCommerce store to be down or slow responding, which is why regular security scans should be a must.
- Fixing broken links: When your WooCommerce store has broken links, it frustrates the customers. You must fix broken links and 404 pages whenever you know about it. If you cannot do it daily or weekly, you can set up a system where you can scan your entire website for broken links and fix them instantly. You can limit your broken external links by backlinking it to reputable sites if you want to limit your broken external links.
- Perform regular backups: Backing up your data is one of the best practices you can incorporate when you have an online business. If possible, you can set up automatic data backup at the same time every day, which ensures that even if there is a system breakdown, you will ever lose all the essential data and information. You can either use an online plugin for regular data backup or rely on third-party services that are secured.
- Site’s speed test: No one likes using a website that is slow because it gives them an idea that your website might not be safe to use, as you are not taking appropriate measures to upgrade your website. Nearly half of the people who visit your website will leave it if it takes more than 3 seconds to load your website. Running speed tests from time to time will give you an idea of your problem areas and resolve them instantly.
- SEO: Optimizing your website for search engines is a great way to utilize and implement the best SEO practices. When you better optimize your WooCommerce website, it is easier for web crawlers to find and rank it higher in SERPs. It is also important that you do keyword research so that you can incorporate these keywords into your WooCommerce website to rank it higher.
- Filter spam out: Spam comments or spam reviews can destroy your website’s reputation. You can use third-party software or application to filter out any such spams that are left by your competitors. When you do not filter out spam content on your website from the first moment, your customers will never be able to get past it to the real content.
These are some of the top WooCommerce maintenance tips that you can implement to maximize your store’s revenue. The tips are ideal for not only improving website performance but also for improving the overall experience of the website’s users.
Also , Read About – YENI SHARK Biography